Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Birds (Day 26)

In the wee small hours as I sat down to write up my days adventures (the usual things really...cats in disguise

Dogs in glasses

wooden bras)

I heard a strange sound. The streets outside were deserted, it was about 3am. I went to the balcony and hundreds of pidgeons were flying low and fast along the street, stopping at the end, turning round and flying back again. They kept doing this, all in unison. It made a really wierd sound, some of them were flying so low that their wings were hitting the the floor. They seemed to all wait for each other, then set off again in the other direction. At one point I had to duck inside as they were flying right past my head. I have made an attempt to film it, although it not as impressive as being there and as the light was so bad you can only see a few birds, there were loads more in reality. Stick with it, it's only 2 minutes long and the end is the best bit! They all fly off really low and they look like sinister little shadows or rats running along the street.




No comments:

Post a Comment