Sunday, September 25, 2011

The perfect Italian day (Day 19)

After kicking my pining for Cardiff into touch, today has been lovely. We wandered to work, and got a coffee and a croissant. Very civilised. 

I did a bit of pottering and sorting, and then we got on with a good old chat for the rest of the morning. There is a household just by the Welsh pavillion that always hangs it's washing out in order of size (this was one of our topics of conversation). Not the most intelectual discussion, but 'site-specific'.



Then I had a lovely canal-side lunch of fresh pasta,



while watching this kid parking his boat. I'm pretty sure there must be an age limit on driving motorboats, and I'm pretty sure he's under it.



Watched a peach float past.



I also did some mild stalking.





I've seen this couple around Venice. They're are super cool. She always has the same outfit on - wedges, bright yellow socks and a short black dress. She also wears bright red lipstick, but I was too chicken to take a picture when they were facing me.

In the afternoon I read some poetry. Very civilised again.

Then we wandered home, picking up dinner on the way and cooked a big meal for twenty friends. Party. What a lovely day.



Someone came along who happened to have been in the very same apartment last year for a party. What are the chances of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment