Friday, September 16, 2011

Pizza numero uno (Day 11)

Today I got that little bit closer to feeling at home. I went and got my Tessera, a Vaporetto card that lasts 5 years and has my photo on it...a definate progression towards Venetian citizenship.



I then took my first Vaporetto trip. I suppose up until now I felt like I could have been anywhere in Italy as I had not stepped foot (if that's the right phrase) on water. It all changed today when I took a boat from Giardini to Ca' Rezzonico. It's a rubbish photo but I was properly excited so not in the
best disposition to take impressive tourist snaps.



I was also overly excited as I was on my way to meet my better half, fresh off his Ryanair flight from Bristol. I was looking forward to showing him around, all the things I've seen over the last two weeks. I promptly got us lost. But who can blame me when there are signs like this...



It's like Alice in Wonderland. It's all Maybe's and Possibly's. Nothing is certain in Venice. We went for a pizza at Al Nono Risorto, my first one so far. I know, I can't believe it either! The only thing I really wanted on it was artichokes, but the menu was all in Italian. I have to confess to not learning enough of the language before I got here. I'm improving and I've mastered ordering food and wine. By process of elimination I guessed at one that would be to my taste. It was lush. here it is...



And now we are sat outide Bancogiro, again, a favourite place of mine, drinking Spritz and writing this blog. There is a stage set up by the Partito Democratico, which I'm guessing is the Venetian Democratic Party, although their logo looks like some kind of franchise operation linked to PG Tips.



There is some eccentric woman on stage dressed as Bo Peep with a Gondola fashioned from a wheelbarrow and singing the Walls Cornetto tune. I'm not quite getting the political message?!



What more can I say????

No comments:

Post a Comment