Monday, September 26, 2011

A staple diet of ice cream (Day 20)

Well, if you have read yesterday's blog about a party round our apartment, you will not be expecting much from today's offering. A lot of our friends are leaving over the next few days, and there are more people coming out to take their place so there are lots of drinks to be had and aquantances to be made.

After managing to get to work on time and presentable the day started with breakfast.



Swiftly followed by lunch.



The rest of the day passed in a blur of art talk, giving directions and cleaning. Then we headed to the Spritz bar for a final evening of Glenmorangie and mortadella. (trust me it's a great combination).

I spied a woman wearing two hats and surreptitiously managed to take a shot. Her husband noticed so I had to try and pretend I was very interested in my camera and try out lots of other shots in their vague direction. The end result maybe wasn't worth it, although the hat she had chosen to wear was a pirate hat so maybe it was...



Other things I've seen today include: A massive cruise liner that formed the basis for a conversation about a possible adaptation of King Kong, a small dog having a big shit in the middle of Via Garibaldi and I awoke to the apartment opposite blaring out 'Hungry Eyes' from Dirty Dancing (technically not something I've seen but have heard).

This is literally all that has happened to me today. Sorry.

Tomorrow I am going to the Lido for the first time and will be helping Fran from Rhubaba make a shelter so better get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment